1. Leadership: Co-chairs Ruth Duggan and Jane Wong, both MBA 13.
2. The mix: Among the more than 400 attendees was a nine-year-old, who asked speaker Heidi Roizen, venture partner at Draper Fisher Jurvetson, “How do you get better at your job?”
3. Themes: What paths are you driven to bend? Is dreaming big and being a leader selfish?
4. Inspiration: Amanda Pouchot, founder of Levo League, an online community of professional women, challenged the audience to “ask for more” on Equal Pay Day (which was April 9), and Roizen shared war stories from the male-dominated VC world of the 1980’s, then inspired the audience by sharing how she negotiated a four-fold increase in compensation.
5. Perspective: “Today gave me a lot to think about.”–comment from male attendee.